Sunday, June 15, 2014

Eyepieces, extender and filter

The eyepieces are all Explore Scientific.  ES68 28* - ES82 18* - ES82 11* - ES82 6.7* and an Explore Scientific 2x focal extender.  The 28* eye relief was a little too short for me so I added the Televue eyeguard extender.  Now the eyepiece is much more comfortable to use.  


I keep the 11* and 6.7* eyepieces on 2 inch centering adapters when viewing so I don't have to keep switching the adapter on the focuser.


The 2x focal extender is new and has not been tested yet.  I'm hoping to use it for planetary viewing.


I use the Orion Ultrablock 2" filter. I haven't tried any other filters but I'm satisfied with the views so far. I had the 1.25 Ultrablock but sold it and got the 2" instead.  Now I can use the filter with every eyepiece.  The centering adapters have threads on the bottom for filters.




No comments:

Post a Comment