Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sky Atlas and Sky Safari

For star hopping I use both Pocket Sky Atlas and Sky Safari.  The Sky Safari is downloaded to my Nexus 7.  Sky Safari has Telrad circles and eyepiece field of view rings which makes star hopping a breeze.  I can't say enough about Sky Safari it does just about everything.   Get it you won't be disappointed!



Regular and night vision


I like to use The Pocket Sky Atlas to plan my evening.


I use the Sky Safari to log all the objects I see but I also like to log everything in a notebook.  I chose the Rite in Rain notebook because when the dew forms the pages of a regular notebook can get soggy.  I have a little LED flashlight that hangs around my neck with the red lid from a Carmex lip balm tube taped on.  The red light helps to keep my night vision.





No comments:

Post a Comment